Posted by John on Nov 23, 2014 in Stourdene News
BRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship) is offering a free daily Bible reading comment and reflection to help you explore the season.
The sampler offers 28 daily readings drawn from across the five different series of Bible reading notes that BRF publishes. It is their hope that this sampler will help people to read the Bible regularly. Try it out at the link below.
Click here to signup for the free sampler
Posted by admin on Nov 14, 2014 in Stourdene News
Are you somebody who really cares about our environment and what is happening to it? If not, do you know someone in your church who is?
We are being encouraged to find people who will champion the environment in our parishes. As Christians we all have a great responsibility to care for God’s creation. If you know of someone who could help do this – possibly someone on the fringes of the church and not already overloaded with maintenance and other duties – then why not ask them to consider the role? It involves:
- Providing a congregation with information about environmental issues.
- Raising environmental concerns with church leadership.
- Encouraging people in the congregation to engage with energy usage – do we always switch things off when we should?
- Connecting the church with the Eight Essential Qualities of a Growing Church by developing an audit of worship/buildings and churchyard focussed issues on the care of creation.
- Developing a project in your parish that engages with an environmental issue.
If someone will take on this role in a parish they will be supported with training opportunities; the chance to meet with and share stories/examples of good practice with others twice a year; a website packed with resources to help you in your role and an opportunity to participate in a national campaign.
All you need is a heart for the care of creation – do let Cath, Ali or John know if you are interested.
Posted by admin on Nov 2, 2014 in Stourdene News
, Weekly Grapevine
Newbold and Tredington C of E Primary School will be holding a School open morning on Saturday 8th November, 10.00 – 12.00 am.
It’s a great opportunity to look around the schools Nursery, Reception, and Year 1 class rooms.
Meet the staff, Governors and PTFA
Visit the schools website for further details.